Final Reflection
During IT 365 I have learned how to incorporate technology into my lessons using the web tools that I never knew existed. For example, making a concept map online was a first for me. I always done concepts maps free hand with paper, pencil, markers, and colored pencils. I also learned about picture cropping websites such as pik-nick.com which I absolutely love know and have begun using when I upload pictures to social sites. I learned how to create my own website which will come in handy when I have my own classroom. It was more difficult and challenging than I thought it would be, but I had fun doing it. We used turnitin.com which is a website for plagiarism and I had no idea how much was considered plagiarized and I also learned that we as teachers cannot always rely solemnly on those types of websites to check for plagiarism.
My strong points was making the concept map because I was really interested in learning how to do concept makes online or on computers. I tried really hard and repeated the assignment several times before I actually turned it in. I also done well on several other assignments, but my overall favorite was the web tools assignment. We actually got a chance to become a teacher for a day and create a rubric, worksheet, puzzle, quiz, and a website. I felt that they assignment was the most beneficial to me. My weakest point and the most challenging to me was the assistive technology assignment. I never knew that computers had that much on them to help the students with those disabilities. After I figured out how to use the tools it was ok. I also had a little trouble making my rubric correctly, but I can fix that by adding more details about what I need from the students.
My future learning goal is to do more research on assistive technology for students so I can have better knowledge on how to use the web tools. I have to know and understand how to use them in order to teach them and help them use it. I will always add more details to my rubric rather than less. I will integrate technology into this my subjects every day. We will use worksheets, take quizzes, and even make a concept map. I want my students to be very creative when learning about new animals, reading a Dr. Seuss book, learning about the states, and even learning about the parts of the body.
No comments:
Post a Comment